My 'twenty-something' niece called this morning. She is a peach - I love her dearly (despite her dreadful and sarcastic ways - perhaps because of them). Apparently she has absconded with the beanie I made for her dad (out of delicious yak yarn). Truth be told, he didn't like it that much anyway - claims to be an old guy who wants a turned up rim sort of hat. Beanies are just too mod and cool for him. His new hat has been made and is one of the items on the table being blocked, so don't feel too sorry for him - his head will be re-clad soon enough.
At any rate, Valerie wanted to tell me how much she "LOVED, not LIKED" the hat and wanted to "order up" some more. YIPPEE! Somebody is truly enjoying the string gifts I'm churning out madly.
Off to the LYS for blue, black and white-ish yarn. Yep, she wants three of the little guys to wear with (apparently) everything she owns. No problem - I'll do it as soon as I finish the obnoxiously hot pink felted purse for my 14-year-old niece. She loves anything pink and girly, so this should be a perfect gift.
To be completely honest, my mother got a steely blue shawl/blanket made of Debbie Bliss chunky cashmerino that she would use all the time if she could retrieve it from her cat. So validation is not that scarce a commodity. Good thing, because neither are my knitted gifts.
Now go out there and annoy someone by being friendly today - you know you want to.
Peace
Friday, January 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment